Contact Me at: 732-640-8186
- I am a graduate of the Cleveland Psychoanalytic Center, an educational organization accredited by the American Psychoanalytic Association, and the Smith College School for Social Work.
- I specialize in psychodynamic psychotherapy and psychoanalysis (please see links below for descriptions of these approaches) and integrate these with cognitive therapy (especially schema therapy) and family systems.
- I work with adults, children and adolescents, and young adults.
- I work with parents to deepen understanding of parenting styles and practices. I am especially interested in international adoption and parenting. [Read More]
- I provide a quiet, confidential, and safe environment to explore emotional difficulties.
- I am a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) in the state of New Jersey.
I offer help to children and adolescents with a range of problems that affect their sense of well-being and emotional growth, their relationships, and their intellectual development: depression, aggression, lack of confidence, anxiety, inability to relate with peers, fears and phobias, and grief.
Children and adolescents are often unaware of why they feel sad or have problems. And parents often find that encouragement, advice, and limit setting fail to produce results. I work in both psychoanalysis and psychotherapy to remove psychological barriers to development and to help children and adolescents understand where feelings come from and how they affect their lives.
SEE LGBT YOUTH
My work with parents is aimed at helping parents develop mindful parenting practices. With this relationship-focused and development-driven approach, we learn mindful observation, flexible responsiveness, and reflection practices to enhance the quality of parent-child relationships.